COVID-19 Information for Parents & Visitors
Parkwood Primary School and Nursery is now fully open
- We have adapted our school day to minimise the impact of Covid-19 on our community.
- We are asking families to be vigilant about illness and to lower the threshold for what may be considered ‘well enough to come to school’. Please take any symptoms of illness even more seriously than usual and err on the side of caution. We will endeavour to be equally vigilant with those who attend school, both students and staff members.
- We are operating staggered hours:
Nursery, Reception, Year 2, Year 4 and Year 6 classes are expected between 8:45 and 9:00 am and will be released between 3:00 and 3:15 pm.
Year 1, Year 3 and Year 5 classes are expected between 9:00 and 9:15 am and will be released between 3:15 and 3:30 pm.
Please do not arrive early and congregate at the school gates before these times.
- We are maintaining ‘class bubbles’ in order to reduce the likelihood of transmission. This includes at meal time and for outdoor play.
- We have adapted our curriculum in order to support students learning both remotely and in person.
- We are promoting social distancing both within and outside classrooms.
- We have a clear one-way system in place both inside and outside the school. Please adhere to this system as it will help reduce the likelihood of transmission.
- We have regular points during the day for hand-sanitising. Students are encouraged to carry their own hand-sanitiser.